Wednesday, November 08, 2006

My Drive Home


Well after attending one of the "most exciting" training classes at my work...I headed down to St. George for a chiropractor's appointment. I found out that instead of the 60 degree curve (that I should have in my neck) I have about a 19 degree one, THUS creating a lot of stress on my brain stem and neck muscles. And I hate to say it but I think that the cost of getting the problem fixed is just too high, when you take into account that I would have to drive to St. George and then the $1650 that it would cost for the actual sessions. After that I went to dinner with Krissy and Bella at Cafe Rio.

As I was driving up I-15, around 7:15pm, the car in front of me suddenly veered off the road. I quickly pulled off the road and called 911. Then ran out to his car to see if he was okay (there was only one person in the car). He couldn't have been much older than me. He was extremely non-responsive but was still breathing. He was also holding his neck. I didn't see any bleeding on him. I stayed with him until the cops got there around 7:30pm. On my way back to one of the officer's cars to fill out a witness statement, the officer and I noticed that the guy took out a speed limit sign. I finished filling out my report and then waited there until the ambulance pulled away. Then I noticed a sharp pain in my leg. Turns out that while I was running through the brush my leg got all cut up.
I hope the guy turns out okay. He was pretty shaken up. Anyway, that's my wonderful evening.

Much Love,
Chad

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sheesh Chad...You surely do like the adventure, don't ya? I'm glad you sound like you're okay. Hope so...Did you find out what was wrong with the guy?

Anonymous said...

Wow, Chad! I'm so glad that you stopped to help him out. I am also incredibly glad that you were a witness and not a target (like the speed limit sign). Thanks for taking care of your fellow man.

Now that you have some info on your neck, find a chiropractor in CC. With adjustments, you often get most of the benefit in the 1st few sessions. Also, does your insurance cover chiroproctors?

Love, Dad

Anonymous said...

OK, I give up. Where are the pictures? I have the old one with the pictures of Bella (My Photo Album) and I checked out the one's on this site (My Flikr), but I can't find any gory leg pictures.
Dad

Anonymous said...

sorry..i copied this blog from my myspace. Forgot to remove the "picture" reference. OOPS. It's really not that bad. Just hurts.

Dezaree said...

So, I have always wondered if you had something wrong with your neck like Geoff, because he gets those headaches too. Remember how when he would sneeze, his arms would go numb? Well he was going to the Chiropractor for a while, because he was giving Geoff an AWESOME deal to help us out. But then we moved over to Chandler, and it wasn't as easy to get to him. We found a massage place that is cheaper than the chiropractic sessions, and Geoff has been going there every month. It's really been helping for the time being until we can afford to go back to the guy. so maybe that is something for you to consider. It has worked wonders for Geoff.

Anonymous said...

There is a massage therapy school in St. George....Lots cheaper..