Saturday, September 16, 2006

SkyFest 2006


So this morning I went to Cedar City's 2nd Annual SkyFest. I woke up at 5:30 and took a shower. The festivities were supposed to start at 6:30. Well silly me actually thought that something would start on time here in Cedar. I arrived at Bicentennial Park around 6:15. There were only about 10 people or so there (NONE of them were the balloon people). So I sit down on this rock next to the trail that goes behind the ball fields when I notice that my batteries are about to die. OOPS!! Well I figure I would have enough time to home and get some more batteries and make it back before they have made too much progress with the balloons. So I went home and when I made it back around 7 the trucks were just starting to pull onto the field to get the baskets prepared for flight. So I timed that pretty good. I started snapping some photos while they were filling up the balloon with the hot air. (I will post some pics on my FLICKR page). There were supposed to be about 16 balloons this morning. I only saw about 5 or 6 take off though, cuz by the time they were taking off my hands were pretty much numb. Well I hope you enjoy the pics and I will talk with you all later.

Much love,
Chad

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Chad,
Great pictures! On the new ones, I liked the two balloon launch, the flame one & (parent preference) the one with you in the picture. I looked at the others again & I really liked the 2nd sunset one.

Hope you had a great time, even in the cold. Thanks for the update. I love you, Dad