Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Blog Cheat

The following story is from an adventure I had on Saturday (August 12, 2006). Tonya wanted a new post so I am just bringing everyone up to date:

I went on a hike with my friend from work Casey. We went up Kanarraville Canyon. It was a nice little slot canyon that had a good amount of water coming down it. Now stupid me was like, "Oh, let me take some pics while we are up there". Not thinking about the fact that I don't have a bag to carry my camera in. So about 1/2 mile into this trail you come to a waterfall. The first one's not so bad. You just climb up this old tree that has some 2x4s nailed to it. But the second one...ah yes the second waterfall....now there was some trouble. I had to put my camera into my shirt pocket so I could use both of my hands to climb this crappy looking rope ladder. Well I take two steps up the ladder and most of me is soaked already. So I notice this log that is leaning up against the waterfall and just start climbing that. Well, my camera actually came out of that pretty much dry. So that made me happy. We hiked quite a ways up this little canyon and the walls of this canyon went up like 500-600 feet. They were crazy tall. When we started getting tired we stareted heading back down. It wasn't too bad of a hike. I should have taken some water though. I was thirsty as hell by the time we got back to town 3 hrs later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a big adventure...I guess we all know what you need for Christmas now. Love you!